Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 14 October 2015

It's ALIVE

Yes, with depressing regularity, the stream of 'I've not given up, honest' posts starts as the new term begins to bite.

Actually, I have been busy conceptually even though I've been knackered between kids and work for the last few weeks. I have worked out some plans for some interesting bits and pieces as well as desperately trying to resist the temptation to buy Frostgrave. 

Anyway. 

Having finished a couple of major projects over the summer I don't really have the appetite to start on my Vikings or In Her Majesty's Name forces yet; so instead I've decided to do another diorama (those of you who've been loyal readers will know that's how I eased myself back into the whole painting and modelling thing). 

The difference is that this one is to be made entirely from stock. This will cost nothing - I can use only the tools, materials and miniatures that I have kicking around. 

I have a sketch which I will post at the end for comparison purposes but here you can see I've broken ground:


And here is the bowl full of junk which is going to be the guts of the terrain:


Leftover blue foam from the Folk Horror base; leftover foam bricks from the Bloodbowl dugout and some chunks of slate from a fossil-hunting expedition with the Eldest to the beach. The bits of plastic I'll cover in another post. 

So here's hoping that this will help provide some respite from the stress of the everyday grind. 

5 comments:

  1. Real life must always come before blogger life so don't worry about not being terribly active. Do what you can and only when it relieves stress rather than creates it.

    I've been gone most of this year and I don't think anyone out there can under produce me. If there was a lazy blogger award, I'd win it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact that, at any given moment, half my blog feed is people apologising for not posting.

      Delete
    2. That made me chuckle! We're clearly all far too busy.

      Delete
  2. Been Knackered and "desperately trying to resist the temptation to buy Frostgrave" certainly resonated with me too. It doesn't help that's getting dark so early.

    ReplyDelete