Made a lot of progress on the Viper. First, I built a very simple circuit with five LEDs in parallel; two for the cockpit and 3 for the engines.
Next - and an often overlooked step - is to paint the inside of the hull with black paint for lightblocking. I also glued some foil in to make sure.
Next I installed the cockpit and the start of the wiring loom:
And a test of the cockpit lighting:
Next step is putting together the rest of the hull and arranging the engine lights:
Hopefully I'll be able to get it primed and start airbrushing next week.
I also discovered a new little thing which has definite possibilities if applied to miniatures: I'll pop a product review up tomorrow.