Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Joker's Wild

As I said some time ago, as a post-Ofsted treat to myself I bought a luxury. The Batman Miniatures Game figures are lovely but waaaay to expensive for me to make a habit of it.

Anyway, the first of the two minitaures I ordered turned up just before Christmas; it is the Joker as he appears in Moore's peerless The Killing Joke as drawn by Brian Bolland:


I made a couple of palette changes; I felt the gloves in another shade of purple didn't help and a blue would make the miniature pop a little more. I also added pinstripes to the trousers to help differentiate them from the jacket.

Anyway, here he is

Joker I

Joker II

Joker III

Joker IV

Cylon Raider is up next, followed by an X Wing repaint.

4 comments:

  1. Great work, but beware, it's a slippery slope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can resist - they're simply too expensive. As nice as they are I can buy an X Wing expansion for the same cost which I'll probably get more play value out of. I understand why they're expensive - Warners are about as bad as Fox when it comes to licensing - but £12 a pop is more or less why I stopped with GW.

      Delete