Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Random Roundup

This is more a log entry than anything specific. First, loot.

It was my birthday last week and I received the following:



The Bolt Action ww2 starter set - because who doesn't need a new era and project? Also a walking cyberman you can shoot. I have asneaking suspicion my sons picked this more for themselves than me. 


Morgul Knights and Riders of Rohan. This came with a catalogue:


Which rapidly became the Eldest's favourite book. Seriously, he's spent hours looking through it and I have to make up bedtime stories for him from it. 


This led him to want to play more with my miniatures:



And to him building his very first model:


This led to him wanting to watch The Hobbit movies. Unsurprisingly he liked the Orcs. The only thing that scared him was Gollum during the Riddles in the Dark bit, but luckily there is always a cushion for protection....


We also had a game night: 

You can see here how competitive we got when playing City of Horror because everyone took photos of the referecne sheets on their phones and were pouring over them. 




As always, the zombie apocalypse fun of City of Horror led to total carnage and lots of backbiting. 

Next up, back to some painting. 






2 comments: