The key to this is having a reason to paint, of course, and my reasons are as follows:
- Lord of the Rings: I need to get my Rohan and Isengard forces done. The Uruk Hai are somewhere in garage hopefully - as is Saruman, Insha'Allah - so I just need to get a few Rohirrim sorted. The coour scheme is done and the recipe is in the notebook, so this should be a goer. I've also stumbled across some Moria goblins and a few character models that I can use as palette cleansers when other projects grow stale.
- Lion Rampant - I've shamelessly used my approaching birthday as a way to get miniatures to allow me to run a wargames club at work. A couple of Perry boxes should give me two interesting retinues and I'm really looking forward to painting some chaps from this most colourful of conflicts.
- Dark Ages - On the backburner is some Dark Ages stuff. This isn't a massive priority but will again give me a break from major projects should I want to.
- Vignettes - I have plans for two more.
- IHMN - I do love some VSF and this looks like a nice way to scratch the itch, given that I can pick and choose whatever little miniatures I feel like.
So, how does the pledge stand at the moment?
Bought - 0
Painted - 8
I'm claiming the Rohirrim as they were finished this year :) At least I get to start with a positive.
Last year was not a positive number, but I'll leave you with what I got done on my return to the paint table in the last 3 months: