Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 28 January 2015

WotR WiP

Wottor-whip sounds like a character from a Robert E Howard story.


The Men at Arms are coming along apace. The Perrys are as much fun to paint as I'd thought. The most surprising thing I found in my researches is how blue blued armour could actually be. It's quite hard to pull off without looking over the top.


Here's the first coat before highlights done using vallejo transparent blue over gunmetal basecoat.


As you can see, for the first unit I've gone with a Yorkist Percy Black and Red livery which has the added advantage of making them look quite villainous.

Hopefully I'll have them finished before the weekend so I can produce the matching Neville unit.

1 comment: