Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Friday 16 February 2018

The Slaughtered Lamb

This has been a month of scenery and terrain work for one reason and another. First up was a surprise birthday present from She Who Must Be Obeyed which was a bit delayed in terms of delivery.








It is, of course, the Lake Town House from the Hobbit. It's a great kit; either end of the house is double sided, so there are immediately four different variant houses you can build. The kit is also designed to make it easy to combine multiple kits into a single building.

I decided this was going to become my generic fantasy pub, The Slaughtered Lamb. This would work for Middle Earth gaming but also all my other fantasy needs. Painting was a piece of cake, just the usual layers, wash and then a drybrush of green ochre to show where the wood had faded.



The sign was actually done quite neatly but then faded down to the point where it was almost illegible.

This is a cracking little kit - at £25 is at the upper end of single building scenery prices, but I've paid that for 4Ground MDF stuff before. And I've also got a quarter of a sprue of barrels and baskets and other sundries left to use.

8 comments:

  1. A splendid building and such fine painting it really brings out the detail. A good choice by the better half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a really nice little kit and I suspect I want one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect you do. The problem is I suspect I want another one...

      Delete
  3. Very nice indeed... Mordheim anyone ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen someone build really easy ruined ones of these out of coffee stirrers ....

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, I have been thinking of getting one myself, your work on this one is another reason for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. Treat yourself, you won't regret it.

      Delete