Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Friday 13 April 2018

The Seeker of Lost Things

...opposed the mission to Sycroax. Regardless of this, Magos Archeopterist Skol's arguments won the day; the possibility of recovering lost teachnology - perhaps even an STC - from the lost foundry of Sycorax was regarded as outweighing any possible risks. 

Unfortunately, it was to become obvious that Skol had severely miscalculated the risk/reward ratio; in his unquenchable thirst for lost knowledge, he dug too greedily and too deep...

[from A Report on the Sycorax Incident, Author Unknown, M41.998.267]


Here is the leader of my little band. He's built completely stock - no conversion. As I looked at the parts on the sprue I more or less fell in love with the model as it.

As a result I spent a bit of time on him, with some blending work on the cloak and a variety of filters and tones on the metal.





I'm very happy with how he looks; now we just need to work on his retinue.





5 comments:

  1. Excellent brushwork on a very cool miniature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry.I wanted to give him a little care and attention.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work! Love the colour you've used for his cloak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Padre: wanted to give him a slightly more natural look than usual.

      Delete
  3. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete