Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 4 August 2018

The Company of Thorin Oakenshield





I've been chunking away at getting these painted for my eldest. As always with Middle Earth miniuatures I've thoroughly enjoyed painting them although tracking down good reference shots for the whole costume has been a little tricky. I'm not done yet but I'm getting close to halfway.

Thorin


Balin





Dwalin

I'm particularly proud of his tattoos on his head



Bifur

Bofur


And, of course, they need someone to hunt them: Azog.



This last was my first experience of Finecast. It will also be my last.

9 comments:

  1. Nice work! (A while back I picked up several "art of the Hobbit" books by Weta workshop (mostly when they were on the discounted shelves at the bookstore), which are full of photos and artwork from the films, including full shots of the characters.)

    "This last was my first experience of Finecast. It will also be my last."
    May I ask why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work again. I particularly like Balin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice, fine work, really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great,I particually like Azog´s Warg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish on characterful sculpts, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very nicely done and faithful to the movie characters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete