Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 22 June 2019

Sepulchral





Things have been a little quiet lately as I hit a bit of a snag - I couldn't see to paint! It turns out that old age has snuck up on me and I need reading glasses. 

Still a quick trip to the opticians and then the pound shop and I'm back in the groove. 

These are the Shadespire Sepulchral Guard, a lovely set of miniatures which my two lads clubbed together their pocket money to buy me for fathers day. So obviously these were the first things I cracked on with when I had my new eyes. 



The red and brown here are the new Contrast paints over my usual zentihal prime. They're very interesting and a useful tool in the armoury for my usual style. The black and the white are particularly good.




You can see here the new load of the ModelMates rust effect - still as good as the old one. On the bases theres some of the Moss effect which is equally interesting. 







As usual with the Shadespire warbands, lovely little miniatures and a fun project. 

Back to Napoleonics after this!

10 comments:

  1. Excellent work! The various colors and effects look really good.

    (I had to start using reading glasses to work on minis several years ago, although I can still read books at regular reading distance without them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the new bins are certainly working, these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Lovely work on the rust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - modelmates rust. Breakfast of champions!

      Delete
  4. Great work, the glasses have not affected your skills.

    Slippery slope though, I only used to wear them for painting and now wear them all the time and have moved on to bifocals ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual prescription was for varifocals. I asked them how much that would cost, laughed and then headed off to the poundshop!

      Delete
  5. I love the work you did here. The minis are sweet, but the paintjob is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible detail painting on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…

    royal1688
    gclub
    gclub online
    royal gclub

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!
    gclubpok9
    gclubonline168
    slotscr168
    aset4bet

    ReplyDelete