Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 30 June 2019

Guardians of the Forest



I wanted to experiment properly with the contrast paints while I was still countering away on the Napoleonics. So a quick warband was in order.

There are only five paints (6 if you include the nedium) in use here. All the variations in tone and colour were done by either wet blending the paints - much easier with these thick, heavily pigmented paints - or layering them one over the other. The skin and hair were done using Nighthaunt Gloom (which is basically a grey blue contrast paint and is one of the most useful shades I have).










Some moss effect was added on the bases to finish them off.

The biggest advantage of these paints is, of course, speed. These four figures took about an hour and a half from start to finish including drying time.

Next up: more Nappies and some 3d printed scenery.

6 comments:

  1. An hour and a half! Wow, that's a great result for that amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paints really do make speed painting tonal decent level practical

      Delete
  2. Finished in such a short time, these look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice works with the new contrast paints. I'm sticking to my trad method, no time to learn new tricks at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your effort that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!

    เว็บ แทง บอล ฟรี
    ทาง เข้า sbo มือ ถือ ล่าสุด
    sbobet
    เอสบีโอเบท

    ReplyDelete