Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 30 November 2014

Alas for the Fallen

I moved house ten months ago; previous to that, all my wargames, roleplaying and painting stuff was in storage. I'm now finally unpacking stuff.

And a lot of it is missing.

Did it get thrown out? Lost in storage? I don't know. But here I wanted to share some images of my lost comrades so at least they are not forgotten:





The saddest thing is that some of the ones I'm most proud of I don't seem to have any images of at all. The Sauruman you see up there is probably the best technical paintjob I've ever done (not that you can tell from the poor photo - this was long before I got into photography) with many layers of glaze and wet blending but the same session resulted in a Grima that was just as good - no images at all. 

More worrying, given my recent declaration of how to deal with my midlife crisis, I can't find my Bloodbowl Team anywhere. So if you'll excuse me, I'm off to drown my sorrows with scotch and painkillers. 

8 comments:

  1. That Saruman is fantastic! White can be a tricky color to paint and shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I was very proud of it. Hopefully he'll turn up.

      Delete
  2. Ah bullocks! I wholeheartedly sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not given up hope. I found a bunch of Tyranids and Sherman tanks so all is not lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's devastating news! My sympathies Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

    I think that might some up my response if I was in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you chaps. As I say, I've not given up hope completely. There's one box buried deep in the garage I can't quite get to. If I click my heels together and wish really hard.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Saruman. I stopped half way through painting a similar GW Saruman figure because I wasn't happy with the white effects I was getting from dry brushing. I'm not clever enough for all this fancy glazing stuff.
    As a soldier who moves every few years, I can tell you, and you may find this reassuring, that things do show up, just not right away. Unless you or the movers threw out or lost something, it will show up, in an unlikely place. Until them, go easy on the scotch. :)
    Cheers,
    M

    ReplyDelete