Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 30 November 2014

Injured in Battle and an unexpected present

In case anyone is wondering why my posts for the last couple of weeks have been focused on D&D rather than miniatures the answer is quite simple; in the ongoing Parenting War I have been injured.



Hauling a toddler and a baby around has resulted in a very bad back which has meant that I've not been able to assume the usual Hobby Position - don't lie, you all know the one: hunched over a table or over a tray in front of the TV - and so there's been no painting or construction.

However, the lead pile has grown. She Who Must Be Obeyed has been keeping an eye on Facebook recently where people have been selling lots of surplus stuff in the run up to Christmas and, when I returned home from work one day I was presented with these two:



Upon opening, I discovered this:




They were sold as bits, but close inspection shows at least 20 or so Space Marines, 7 Orks, 20 or so skeletons, some Tau, some Dwarves and a huge amount of scenic bits and pieces. There basically enough detail bits here to power a dozen vignettes - as long as I don't mind doing some 40K stuff - as well as two large cases in which to keep my own bits. I think that was a pretty good haul for £25!

9 comments:

  1. It must be grand to have someone to buy you unexpected wargames presents. I have to purchase all of mine, myself.
    When can we expect to see the skeletons in space marine armour then? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll you bloody well can now! That's a genius idea!

      Delete
    2. I can't claim it as an original idea. I believe I remember seeing a Golden Demon entry of a marine command squad that had skeleton headswaps, many years ago.

      Delete
  2. Great find, and well done to her! Can't wait to see what you do with it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much just going to rip off Fitz' idea above for starters :)

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear of the injury, but what a gift! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skeletal space marines where from the early Rogue Trader days but they are super fun to look at. Sorry for the injury hope you're back to the grindstone soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea idea where my copy of RT went, but jam packed with so many wonderful ideas....

      Delete