Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Thursday 5 March 2015

Lion Stirring

Having finished the course of antibiotics - marvellous things except the damnable restriction on scotch - and sundry other items provided by the apothecary I was able to resume work on the wee chaps.



As you can see, this is the Neville Longbowmen with all basecoats and shading. Still left to do is highlighting and then the white which is, of course, the last thing to be done. 


After this will be a short break - either a wee blast of Victoriana or possibly some Vikingr. Good manly hirsute fun in either case. 


A new arrival was the storage solution for my retinues - and more besides. I have a couple of KR Multicases containing a variety of half finished armies about the place and I really can't recommend them enough. For around £27 we have here a single case that will hold both Lion Rampant retinues, two SAGA war bands and two INHN companies. That's great value and convenience by anyone's standard. 

Hopefully an update at the weekend to show a finished unit. In the meantime, I leave my fellow history fans with this little gem:


Chin up chaps. 

2 comments:

  1. I may just have to invest in one of those cases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend them enough; cheap, durable and all-round fabulous.

      Delete