Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 19 June 2016

The Green Machine

Hello chaps. Sorry for the long silence but I've been busy working on my lastest project; another Bloodbowl team. Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to present...


Here's the full team (sans one Troll which is still under construction due to a drill related accident):


These are Willy Miniatures; quite nice castings (just a couple of miscasts and mold lines) but absolutely gorgeous sculpts. Bags of character. Here's the main players:



and here's the Specials. The team comes with a Ball and Chain Looney which was all well and good, but I had a spare Kev Adams fanatic kicking around and, well... it'd be rude not to. 


And here's the Big Guy.


Finally, I would like to introduce yourself to the Manager of my various teams. This is Sven Gorcan Erikson:


You might recognise the basis of this conversion. His twin can be seen on the left here. I happened to have a spare.


The hair, magnificent sideburns and sheepskin were added with some judicious greenstuffing - as was the chunk gold jewelry and cigar. 



So next up is some more gaming. On the horizon is some more Wild West and Bloodbowl. Painting wise, I think next up might be some adventures in Middle Earth...





12 comments:

  1. Now these look like mischievous little blighters and the coach is just superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no illusions about winning with these; I'm operating on the old Warhammer Fantasy Battle approach that I will lose but have a lot of fun along the way.

      Delete
  2. Bags of character indeed! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Herbert - Sven looks superb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. Not as productive as you, but a decent showing for a couple ofweeks.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Barks and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, those look great little mini's, and what a nice job you've done painting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. Really enjoyed painting them.

      Delete