Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 3 May 2017

NOBODY TOSSES A DWARF

Another Silver Tower Hero, this time a Dwarf. 


He basically seems to be souped up Trollslayer so I painted him as such. This guy is basically for my wife as whenever we play any of these sorts of games, she always plays the dwarf*. 





Very happy with this guy for, again, a very simple paint job. 





*and yes, Gimli is her favourite thing about The Lord of the Rings. 


9 comments:

  1. He's a powerful looking brute, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks rather similar to my good self, at least in stature. He's a touch more muscular.

      Delete
    2. Looks rather similar to my good self, at least in stature. He's a touch more muscular.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work! He will fit in nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the GW/Warhammer world they did (do?) have higher rankings of trollslayers. I seem to recall at least giantslayers and dragonslayers.

    I've always had a soft spot for dwarves (at least since I read Tolkien when I was a teen). I have a number of old GW figures from over the years and the dwarves are surely the most numerous (and even more so when you add in other dwarves from other companies such as Foundry and Iron Mask Miniatures). Stout fellows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to love a dwarf. I think I used to have a dragonslayer - the one with a foot on the dragon's head. Long gone now, alas.

      Delete
  4. Very nice painting indeed. I too had the Dragon Slayer with Dragons head. You can still pick them up now and again on E-Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete