Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 27 May 2017

Slough Feg, Drune Lord of the Bone Orchard

The tribes of the far north live in endless shadow and mist. The Faceless fight, bringing home trophies of their victims; the Skald lead them to war, when war is required; and the cheiftans make the decisions day to day. But who choses the victims; who declares the wars; who swears the cheiftans to their dark oaths?

The Drune Lords tend the Bone Orchards. The Drune Lords summon forth the spirits of the cold winds of change. The Drune Lords speak for the dead; the Drune Lords speak to the dark; the Drune Lords speak, and the Faceless follow.

The most feared of the them in the Drune Lord Slough Feg.



This was a major construction job. He's made of bits of undead - skeleton and zombie, nurgle daemon, dryad and a lot of green stuff sculpting.

Here you can see the basic construction of plastic bits:



And here's the extra sculpted details:





The painting was a mixture of glazes and washes over a grey wood effect to create an organic, messy feel.





And final touchups and the basing:





And here he is with the rest of his tribe...






He came out close to how I envisaged - if no-one's spotted the inspiration yet, Slough Feg is from Slaine in 2000AD;


I think I managed to get the right feel.

This project feels like it's drawing to a natural end; I have another couple of Slough Drune Lords I have images in my head for and then something with the Bone Orchards themselves and then it will be on to pastures new. 


7 comments: