Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 31 December 2017

The Windlord


As regular readers will know, my eldest is obsessed with the Hobbit. For the last year he's been pestering me for an Eagle as he loves the scene at the end of the first movie where the Eagles rescue the dwarves. At £35 for 2, though, it was a bit too expensive to buy him one.

As it happened in one the trade groups on Facebook someone was selling some bits and pieces and i managed to pick one up.

It didn't have a base but I ordered one: I had to fill the gaps with putty but overall it was in good nick.






I basecoated it with the airbrush to get some variation in tone on the wings. A light drybrush to bring out the edges of the feathers and then a filter of Smokey ink.

On the base I tried an experiment from a Bolt Action group I'm a member of, using coffee filter papers for the leaf cutter. It's effective but more with the brown than the particular green I chose this time.




Anyway, one very happy little boy which is as good a way as any to end 2017.

2018 will be starting with a new project so stay tuned.

2 comments: