Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Sunday 31 December 2017
As it happened in one the trade groups on Facebook someone was selling some bits and pieces and i managed to pick one up.
It didn't have a base but I ordered one: I had to fill the gaps with putty but overall it was in good nick.
I basecoated it with the airbrush to get some variation in tone on the wings. A light drybrush to bring out the edges of the feathers and then a filter of Smokey ink.
On the base I tried an experiment from a Bolt Action group I'm a member of, using coffee filter papers for the leaf cutter. It's effective but more with the brown than the particular green I chose this time.
Anyway, one very happy little boy which is as good a way as any to end 2017.
2018 will be starting with a new project so stay tuned.