Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 4 November 2018

Iron Within

I bought both of the boys the first few issues of Conquest, the new 40k part work. The eldest has been happy painting his but the youngest asked me to do it for him. As I have a rather big project coming up I decided to use these as a test bed for some colour schemes.

The hard part as always was the hazard stripes but I used the same technique I learned for my little Knights.

The rest of the weathering was sponge chipping and then playing around with some different methods of applying weathering pigments.











2 comments:

  1. Looking good. You've pulled off those metallics very nicely, and all the details are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work! They look more realistic to me than some of the more colorful paint schemes I often see. Nice weathering and grunge. They look like they belong in the grim dark future that is always at war.

    ReplyDelete