Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Monday 4 May 2015

Musings of an (ex) Cigarette Smoking Man

A few fairly random bits to round off the weekend. 

1. In the comments on my Bloodbowl painting post, something was mentioned that got me thinking. The inestimable Roy said I should crack on with the rest of the team while I still had the paints out. 

Confession time: I have one of these 

How many of you fine people have something similar to record colour schemes and recipes for various things?

2. I started to put together some Grenadier Platoons with a mixture of the Flames of War metals and PSC plastic figures.


The PSC are much better, as my test squad shows quite effectively. 


3. I've been tidying up some old
Miniatures with varnish and some new glazes I've formulated since they were painted. 

Here's a teaser:


More later in the week. Assuming I survive the last run towards the two Paper 1s of the GCSE History and Film Studies exams, that is. 

2 comments:

  1. Mostly I avoid having to mix paints except in rare "one off" instances. As far as color schemes, I do have a few scattered notes for a few things that I planned to produce more of over time, such as terrain pieces, with paint straight out of the bottle rather than custom mixed. I'm not so organized to have all the info in a single place, much less a labeled notebook. But good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Paul O'G who mentioned "while you have the colours out"

    Yes, I also have a book with colours written down. I read about it in an article by Phil Olley in Battlegames and I thought "that's so obvious, why didn't I think of it before!"

    ReplyDelete