Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Post 100!

Nevilles 2
It's been a little over six months since I got back into the painting groove after the birth of my two kids. In that time, I've managed to do something that has eluded me a lot over the years - I managed to finish a project!

So here, for those people who have patiently waited since way back in January, I have actually completed my two Lion Rampant retinues. Annoyingly, they've already had their first road test but they're now ready for action at the school open evening in September.

Here are the Nevilles, resplendent in their neat white and blue livery:

Nevilles

And here are the slightly more rough and ready Percys:

Percys

Two fine bodies of Yorkshire men, I'm sure you'll agree.

Up next, another Project to finish off and then the start of some Victoriana.I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone for their support. It makes it a lot easier to pick up the brush and get cracking if you know there are other people out there who share your enthusiasm.

So thanks, and here's to the next 100!

6 comments:

  1. What a great post to celebrate the milestone, he's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post - and thanks for sharing these lovely minis. :D Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And your retinues look fantastic! Just introduced my 9 year-old to the joys of Lion Rampant using two 15-point Viking Warbands and the rules mods from the recent issue of WI. He loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to mine being old enough to join in.

      Delete