Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 23 August 2015

Return to the Doctor


Just a quick one today. After looking at the pictures uploaded last time, I realised there was something missing from the Third Dcotor:

Dandy

It took me a while to put my finger on what it was until I was watching some Who while doing something else:


I hadn't done the lining on the cape. That little splash of vivid colour that Jon Pertwee used to flash around with a flick of his cape.

So I cracked the brushes out today and tidied up the face and added the lining:

The Dandy redux

I think it makes a massive difference to how much the mini pops.

Dandy II

Again, quite happy with the shading on the black.

I also did the final glaze on Dr Hugh - incidentally, Heresy currently has a 25% off sale so there's never been a better time to treat yourself - and tidied up his face as well:
Hugh

Hugh

He still has the white toe-caps on his converse to add.

I'm in to the last stretch of the holidays now, so I realistically have time to get two things finished. My plan is to do the second Bloodbowl team and some medieval cavalry.

Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Great spot on the cape, really makes all the difference. Off to check out the sale now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you treated yourself to something nice!

      Delete
  2. The Doctor's wore cream Chucks, not red ones, if you're being all picky. But amazing work otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to hunt you down and kill you, Lambert. That is all.

      Delete
  3. The red on the cloak really does finish off the mini, and makes it pop as you say

    ReplyDelete