Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Monday 9 November 2015

Surfacing

Right. Glad that's over. Just for the educationalists out there: I was observed twice by Ofsted. On one of those occasions, I made the Inspector cry. True story. 

Anyway, I've managed to get some more bits and pieces done to the base of the diorama:


I've highlighted the edge of the stones and brickwork to add definition. I've also doscovered that Vallejo transparent orange - which I just used on a whim - does a great job for rust. 

I've textured the platform with some pin washes and a filter. 



I've weathered some of the detail with Tamiya Smoke, one of my all time favourite paints; a must have for anyone working in the industrial future or on steampunk Victoriana. 

I've also base coated the two marines. Rather than go with the usual rather saturated look of the GW colours, I've used Prussian Blue for a slightly more muted tone. 


More to come this week assuming I don't keel over. 

5 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely splendid! I love the look of this, but cry in a good way? We need to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They watched my remembrance assembly and wept. Nice to know I've still got it. :)

      Delete