Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 29 July 2018

The Headsman of the Harrowed King

If you wake at midnight, and hear the blade do scrape,
Don't go drawing back the blind, or looking past the drape,
Them that sees no secrets they isn't going to die.
Watch the wall, friend, while the Headsman goes by.


The right hand man of the Harrowed King in life, the Headsman followed him into the shadows. Now he reaps those who cross the Harrowed King, bringing their spirits into the service of His Silent Majesty. 



This is the second warband leader made the from the Soul Wars Box. No conversion and a very simple paint job making a lot of use of the new Nighthaunt gloom technical paint. I'll explain a bit more about this paint another time as it's proving to be very useful.

6 comments:

  1. I thought the last one was brilliant, but this might be my new favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent game of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic painting and great sculpt!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paint job, but it raises a problem I've been turning over in my mind. I don't have much use for ethereals, I usually just collect and field skeletons. But I like these models so much I have been considering a paint scheme I have used before, painting the spiritual energy as flame. So therefore it looks like the skeleton is emerging from hell fire.

    The issue with the models is how to paint the flame. Usually, the hottest area is the lightest, with the cooler areas fading from deep red to brown to black. And *usually* the coolest areas are the tips of the flame. So the tips of the wisps should be darkest, with the lightest area... up under the cloak?

    The way you've painted it makes sense for the model, fading the black from the cloak all the way down to white, but as flame, it's making me feel as if something is wrong. Do you think it would make sense to put the white hot part just under the cloak? Would that be too weird?

    ReplyDelete