Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 2 December 2015

LET THERE BE LIGHT

I've done some LED lighting before but never experimented with fibre optic. So this time I've decided to fully light the cockpit and backlight the various dials. 

So I've built the cockpit and drilled the various holes. 



Next a base lick of paint



And then threading the optics




This, it turns out, is immensely time consuming and boring work. So while waiting for glue to dry I painted the viper pilot ( those of you who've seen the show will understand what a sod the iridescent green fligh suit was to get right:



And also did some detail work on the carnosaur. 

Hopefully tomorrow will see the fruits if my labour. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm certainly curious to see how this turns out, looking good so far though.

    ReplyDelete