Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Thursday 23 August 2018

KILL TEAM GAL-1-L30

Obviously I've got interested in Kill Team; so far it seems like a good successor to Shadow Wars and is something the School Club will be going for. So I wanted to add some ranged support to the Mechanicus troops I already had. 








The last one was a simple idea that turned out to be really complicated. I prefer snipers to look like they're sniping and so I wanted one to be laid on the ground. This turned into a really complicated job, requiring me to resculpt the coat so it laid on the ground, create a base to support the legs and coat and more or less construct both arms from scratch. 

I think the results were worth it, though. 







Up next another Lord of the Rings Rescue Job and the start of a major project...

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I really like how these turned out. Nice choice of colours and great work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. It always feels a little odd to spend ages painting them and them slather them in pigments. I hope it works.

      Delete
  2. Loving the look of these guys! I'm tinkering with the idea of a dark mechanicus kill team at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work with just the right dash of blue on a predominantly ochre/orange color scheme.

    ReplyDelete