Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 19 January 2019

The Power of the Dark Side



"I find your lack of faith... disturbing."

For my birthday last week my beloved Good Lady She Who Must Be Obeyed got me lots of goodies to paint and a brand new game system - Legion.

Obviously, the first thing I started painting was the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Vader.








As with most other predominantly black figures, the trick here was to get enough differences in tone. So various glazes, edge highlights and use of gloss and matt black were used to provide definition.





The final decision was whether to add an OSL effect from the Lightsaber. I decided in the end to do it as it added just an extra little difference in tone.

Next up will be a present for someone else and then some more of my goodies.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintwork sir, I wish I'd had the courage to do OSL on my Imperial Assault Vader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally use gloss and matte together on a miniature, but I respect your method here. Vader's obviously an ideal subject for it. The deep red OSL from the saber is well-done, it definitely adds a sinister tone as well as a bit of extra colour to the figure. Great work!

    ReplyDelete