Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 5 January 2019

The White Rider



They all gazed at him. His hair was white as snow... and gleaming white was his robe; the eyes under his deep brows were bright... power was in his hand. Between wonder, joy, and fear they stood and found no words to say.

At last Aragorn stirred. 'Gandalf!' he said. 'Beyond all hope you return to us in our need!'....

'Gandalf,' the old man repeated, as if recalling from old memory a long disused word. 'Yes, that was the name. I was Gandalf.'.... 

'Get up, my good Gimli! No blame to you, and no harm done to me. Indeed my friends, none of you have any weapon that could hurt me. Be merry! We meet again. At the turn of the tide. The great storm is coming, but the tide has turned.'....

[The] Dwarf looked up and laughed suddenly. 'Gandalf!' he said. 'But you are all in white!'

'Yes, I am white now,' said Gandalf.

One of my main Christmas presents this year was the fabulous new sculpt of Gandalf the White from GW. As with Theoden this was so nice it was worth spending the extra time on.









Both the foot and mounted version were painted up from grey. I basecoated the cloak on both beige, so that there were different tones of white involved.

It think this was worth the effort expended.

3 comments: