Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Lands of the Horselords

I've been using the lockdown to catch up on a few projects. This one was close to my heart - it will come as no surprise to long time readers that I'm deeply in love with Rohan from Lord of the Rings so for Christmas I was lucky enough to get some of the new scenery .

And how lovely it is!

I followed the GW suggestion for paints more or less exactly as I really liked how close it was to screen accurate. It had the added advantage of getting me used to using contrast paints as tints and glazes.




What you can see here is one house and one set of palisades. That's easily enough fencing for a 4x4 table. 






Obviously I will be buying a couple more of the houses. I have a plan for a stable....




Overall, great kits, easy to build and very flexible. Highly recommended for general fantasy use. 



8 comments:

  1. Those look like very nice kits and you have done a very nice job painting them. Both the weathered wood and the thatch look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the thatch was the only place I deviated from GW's suggested scheme as I wanted some more variation in the colours and tones.

      Delete
  2. Lovely job on these Herbert. I'm surprised its a GW model, there is a refreshing lack of Skulz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot of horses though! I think they just did a find and replace :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff and that's hard for me to say since I'm a Dunlending at heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get back into your hills where you belong :-)

      Thanks :)

      Delete
    2. Bloody Strawheads coming over here stealing our jobs and land... ;)

      Delete