Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 19 October 2014

Slow progress is still progress...

Due to the fact that I can't find my greenstuff anywhere, work on finishing the undead menace has halted awaiting resupply. Today has therefore been a frustrating sequence of snatched bits between marking and parenting. The base is mounted and instructions added to ensure that my aged brain doesn't fail completely when the time comes to carve it:

Untitled



Work has also started on my Top Secret filler project:



I'll not comment any more on that as I'll probably just unveil that one when it's done.

A trip to the car boot sale this morning netted me a little set of goodies. I nearly bought a load of 1/72nd saxons and normans in order to build a model of Senlac ridge to use in lessons, but they'd been painted (badly) and I didn't fancy going through all the hassle of stripping them. Instead I got these chaps for the princely sum of £8:
Untitled

I'm torn between building a Games of Thrones vignette - these chaps strike me as a good base for some realistic looking Lannister footmen - or to try and build a warband for Saga or Lion Rampant. The idea for this is shamelessly ripped off from Mike C's Westeros Saga work which I thoroughly recommend you check out.

Has anyone picked up Lion Rampant yet? I do like the look of them but have yet to take the plunge. The added advantage is that it would give me an excuse to buy some Perry Foot Knights.

2 comments:

  1. As you say progress is progress. I'm sure I'll get home tonight, look at the paint table and say, 'perhaps tomorrow'.

    ReplyDelete